It is Sunday and that means a lot of fun for me in the kitchen. Here is my new healthy cooking creation. These used to be my favorite cookies that my grandma prepares, but I found a way to adapt them and cook them with real food! 🙂 That is the outcome! They taste even better than the sugary once! Try them!
Ingredients for 30 cookies:
about 500 grams flax flur or almond flour
100 grams soft butter
1/2 tea spoon baking powder
50 grams walnuts
100 grams dates
3-4 table spoons for the cookie dough
honey 2-3 table spoons to roll the cookies
2 table spoons cocoa powder
1. Mix together the egg, the butter and the 3 table spoons of honey. Stir good.
2. Add vanilla and baking powder.
3. Start adding the flour. You should add till you get a dough with a hard texture.
4. Divide the dough in two pieces.Add teh cocoa powder to one of the dough pices and mix till you get a brown dough.
5. Roll the cookie dough and with a small round cup cut circles. Do that with all the dough you have.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for about 10-14minutes.
7. Take the dates( I soaked them in hot water so they can become softer) and blend them
8. Take one white cookie and one brown cookie. Spread on the date mixture and stick the cookies. That is what they will look like.
9. Blend the walnuts and put some honey in a ball. Roll the sides of the doubled cookie in the honey and then roll it in the wallnuts. Here is how the cookie will look like.
And something worth watching: