Forgive me that I allow myself, mentioning the forbidden word “fats”. I am aware that most of you, are afraid from fats and just the mere thought of eating them, makes you feel ten pounds heavier! Unfortunately all of this is a big fat lie! Let me ask you what is your diet? Some of the wide spread “healthy diets”? What did you achieve by fueling your body like that?…yes…you don’t need to tell me! I know that you still look and feel, just the way you did when you first started the diet! Then, why do you keep on resisting the change? Why don’t you try something different? Anyway, you are wandering all the time, searching for the proper nutrition and you never get to reach your goals! Then, take some risks!
Why we MUST eat fat?
Here are a couple reasons, why you should include fats in your diet:
1.Have you ever asked yourself why your body stores fat?…probably it is storing it for the future, just in case you need them! If your body thinks, that in order to survive, it needs mat, why in the world do you keep on thinking that carbs are the preferred fuel? If you give your body more fats and you cut the carbs to vegetables and fruits in reasonable quantities, your body will start using fats as the main energy source!
2.The body needs cholesterol! I am sick of listening to people saying that you shouldn’t eat eggs, pork meat, butter and etc, because your cholesterol might get high! I eat mainly the foods mentioned and I can tell you that I am feeling awesome and my cholesterol is in the healthy range!
Each cell in your body, needs cholesterol in order to maintain its structure! Cholesterol is something like a “brick” in our body, which helps the production of different hormones! Most women have hormonal problems and a big part of the blame could be thrown at their diets! By not giving your body enough fats, it can’t function properly and everything messes up!
3. I guess that you’ve heard about the fat soluble vitamins- A,D,E and K. They are essential to good health. These vitamins can’t be absorbed without enough fats. Besides that, fat soluble vitamins play an important role for protein absorption! If you do not take enough fats and you do not absorb the vitamins- A,D,E and K, at first your body will use the stored vitamins in your liver. But it comes a time when there won’t be anymore fat soluble vitamins, and your body won’t have a source to provide the needed quantity! That is when all the problems start!
Let’s look it that way. It is like being fired and not having work. You do not have an income, but you are still using your debit card. There comes a day, when your debit card is empty and you have no more money! That is when the problems start! It is the same with your body!
4. Either you get cholesterol from your food or you don’t, your body can produce it by itself! As I said, cholesterol is essential for your body’s functions! If you do not get enough with your food, your body will produce it! That is another lie, that if you do not eat foods rich in fats, your cholesterol will be low, It is exactly the opposite. There is a big chance for it to get higher!
5. If you eat more fats and you cut the carbs, I guarantee you, that you won’t need to visit your doctor as often as you do now! Besides that you will feel healthier and more energized!
6.When fats are included in your diet, you will feel full and you won’t crave eating all the time.
7.When you eat more fats and less carbs, insulin levels in your body will be regulated and this is good for you! As you know insulin is a fat storage hormone! You wouldn’t want it to sky rock, would you?
8. Most people follow the traditional diets, that cut all the fat. The tendency shows that more and more people are getting sicker! If these kind of diets are making you sick, why wouldn’t you change that? Why don’t you try something new? Something revolutionary? Like eating more fat?
9. Last but not least- EAT FAT! Fat won’t make you fat!
What kinds of fat should I eat?
When I encourage you to eat fats, do not get me wrong! I am not trying to convince you to go to KFC and eat fried chicken, fries and so on. When I say fats, I mean animal fats,butter,olives,avocado,raw nuts and etc!
When I say eat fat, I mean:
1.Eat real food, with its natural fats! By this I mean, when you buy pork meat, stop cutting the fats, and eat them instead! When you buy a chicken thigh, stop throwing the skin and eat it!
2.Quit buying low fat foods. Have you ever thought what they do when they take out the fat? It is really simple- they add more carbs! If you pay attention to the low fat foods, you will notice that their calories are almost the same as the calories in the high fat foods! Why is that? There isn’t a product, that is artificially created and that could be better than the natural food!
3.Try to have some healthy fats with each meal!
Here are some more reasons:
And don’t be like the greedy pig! 😉