2 medium pumpkins
500grams bacon ( save some of the bacon fat e)
500 grams bone broth
2 medium yellow onions, diced
2-3 cloves garlic
¼ tsp nutmeg
1. Cook bacon until crispy. Save the bacon fat for later use
3. Cut your pumpkins in half. Take out the seeds. Place your pumpkin halves on a cookie sheet .Bake for until soft in a preheated oven (bake until soft). Remove from oven and let cool.
4. Spoon pumpkin meat out of the peel. Mash with potato masher or just use the blender.
5. Heat 2-3 Tbsp of bacon grease in a pot. Add diced onions and garlic and sautee until onions are cooked.
6. Add broth to deglaze the pot. Add mashed pumpkin, nutmeg and 2-3 additional Tbsp of bacon grease.
7. Turn the heat down to medium-low and bring to a simmer.
8. Serve the soup and decorate it with delicious bacon.
P.S. If you liked this post, please take a minute and share it with your friends! I’d greatly appreciate it!