One of my favorite days, are podcast days. I love the whole process of it – researching my guest; getting to know more about his life, interests, work and philosophy. Some of my guests have a philosophy that matches my own convictions. Others, have a philosophy that contradicts mine, but this just gives me a critical view about workouts and nutrition. This just challenges me and makes me grow. It helps me see everything I know, through the lenses of a different perspective and enrich my convictions.
This week, I have the pleasure to speak with Nate Miyaki. I’ve been following him for a couple years, but after this interview, he officially becomes one of my favorite experts. His attitude, philosophy and peaceful presence – everything is presented in such an approachable and interesting way.
Some of the topics we dig in:
-how a bodybuilder goes against the traditional methods and achieves his best shape with 3 meals a day and no cardio;
-how to achieve a lean body by eating carbs at night – is it possible and what are the reasons behind this;
-bodybuilding and IF – are they compatible;
-could you eat something in the 14-16 our window of fasting;
-women and IF – what are the main problems and is IF appropriate for women;
-how the quantity of carbs in the diet differs between a professional athlete and the average person;
-what is more important about getting leaner – workouts or nutrition;
-what does Nate Miyaki think about cheat meals;
-what carb sources does Nate recommend and what does he think about fruits and grains;
-low body fat, without cardio – is it possible?
Who is Nate Miyaki?
Nate Miyaki is a coach, bodybuilder and the author of 5 books. Some of his certifications:
- Certified Personal Trainer, American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Certified Specialist in Sports Nutrition, International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- Certified Specialist in Fitness Nutrition, International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- Functional Training & Corrective Exercise Specialty Certification (ACE)
- Sport Yoga Instructor (NESTA)
- 2009 Musclemania America & World Natural Bodybuilding Championships — 1st place, bantamweight division
- 2004 NPC Max Muscle Natural Bodybuilding Championships — 1st place, lightweight division
- Former professional wrestler and stunt/acrobatics instructor with All Pro Wrestling and Pro Wrestling Iron. Check out the highlights: Kamikaze Kid I & Kamikaze Kid II
The books of Nate Miyaki:
His latest book – A Philtered Soul -I just finished reading it and I sincerely encourage you to buy it! It is so inspiring!
Latest posts by Ines Subashka (see all)
- 3 Ways Daylight Saving Time Affects Our Body and Appetite - 25 March, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why Your Weight Goes Up But You Do Not Store Fat - 19 March, 2017
- 4 Differences Between Training And Nutrition for Performance vs Appearance - 9 March, 2017